Electrical Engineer Lab Automation
Triton Systems, a business and technology incubator, offers a challenging and rewarding environment where a diverse field of projects give you invaluable experience in developing new and enabling technologies for many markets. You will have exciting opportunities to work with Department of Defense agencies as well as new venture startups as you research and develop new ideas that are moved through the commercialization pipeline. We have developed and spunoff a wide range of technology incubated within the company including cancer treatment (www.adurobiotech.com), microsensors and micro-fabricated components (www.sensera.com), flame retardant plastics (www.frxpolymers.com), high strength aluminum composite material (www.fracomp.com), waste water treatment (www.emefcy.com) and many more.
The DTMD group of Triton Systems is currently seeking proficient engineers with device instrumentation experience for fast-paced programs with strict deadlines.
This is a hands-on position for an individual capable of creative, highly integrated device development. In this position, you will be responsible for development of instrument systems and provide expertise on hardware, software and firmware design, development, verification, validation, manufacturability, and product testing.Responsibilities:
- Design and development of fully automated, complex in-vitro instruments. Integration of mechanical, software and electrical systems to work together reliably
- Design of electronics containing analog, digital, and microcontroller circuitry
- Designing sensor interface circuitry and coding microcontrollers
- Design printed circuit boards and test fixtures
- Using CAD systems (Inventor, Solidworks, Creo, AutoCAD or an equivalent) for prototype design
- Fabrication of prototypes using CNC Mill, 3D Printer, and Laser Cutter as well as outsourced services injection molding, embossing and die-cutting
- Performing image and data analysis
- Performing signal processing techniques and statistical analysis
- Preparing progress reports, ensuring timely completion of all relevant cross-functional deliverables, and ensuring appropriate documentation (layout/ 3D design assembly/2D drawings / Bills of Material)
- Reading the relevant publications/literature to stay updated in the field.
- Assisting in writing competitive proposals.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Communicating, brainstorming and collaborating with a diverse, close-knit team
- 3+ years Electrical Design experience
- Demonstrated hand-on experience with system design, electronics, mechanical and software integration
- Experience with Lab Automation highly desired
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
* Because of the nature of our business and the information associated with these positions, only U.S. Citizens can be considered.*
*** The hired person will directly report the Director of Disruptive Technologies and Materials Design (DTMD). The person will work with the existing team to support and build on current efforts, and also have the opportunity to participate in the building of new initiatives.
Come join our success and grow with the strength of these fascinating new technologies. We are looking for individuals with confidence and the right stuff. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits package. Triton Systems, Inc. Headquarters is located at 330 Billerica Road, Suite 200, Chelmsford, MA 01824. We are an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/VEEO. We strongly encourage qualified women and minorities to apply.
Location/Region: Nashua, NH (03064)