Hannaford is hiring Department Manager Trainees for: Bakery, Center Store, Customer Service, Deli, Evening Operations, Meat, Produce, Seafood and Stock Crew. Positions vary per Store and District.
Effectively manage department operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
•Foster a positive and inclusive environment to retain associates and customers.
•Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
•Role model and provide recognition of our key behaviors; Be There, Make It Easy, Add Something To Their Day and Be the Difference.
•Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
•Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
•Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed as outlined.
•Ensure operational and merchandising standards are followed to maximize profitability.
•Ensure department associates are properly trained by certified trainers.
•Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
•Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety and food safety standards.
•Treat all store information as strictly confidential.
•Manage work schedules to effectively maintain customer service standards and meet associates’ personal needs.
•Have a total understanding of labor and productivity reports, scheduling and ordering.
The essential job functions, duties and responsibilities and physical requirements listed are a select representation of duties required. This listing is not limited to the above. Specific duties and functions of each Department Manager Trainee role will be discussed at time of interview.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Strong problem solving skills. Must meet minimum age requirements. Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
1. Ability to use computers, calculators and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
2. Stand and walk for the majority of the time.
3. Perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
4. Lift and carry 15 lbs and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
5. Reach to shoulder level or above on occasion while lifting 30 lbs.
6. Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, kneeling, squatting and lifting items at or above waist level.
7. Tolerate working in cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
8. Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use tools to open and prepare products.
9. Meet established volume standards for the department.
10. Have sufficient visual activity to check ID cards, checks invoices and other written documents.
11. Handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
12. Meet established volume activity standards for the department.
Apply On-line Apply On-line
Location/Region: Bedford, NH