GT Advanced Technologies is looking for a Fabrication Technician to support our facility in Hudson, NH. This position will perform functions associated with all SiC processing steps. This is a back-end night shift, 6pm-6am.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up Fabrication machinery and prepares for operation.
- Safely and efficiently loads materials into Fabrication tools and remove when equipment cycles are completed.
- Accurately collects, records, and communicates operating data for review and retention.
- Ensures equipment is in good working condition for process optimization.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and sustaining of equipment.
- Responsible for improvement of processes and troubleshooting nonstandard events in the production line.
- Enters production data in Fab Tracker, MES, and SAP.
- This position may be responsible for peer training to standardize SOPs. Will participate in safety forum and safety excellence teams.
- Maintains a safe work environment and enforces all safety protocols.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of product, equipment, tools, supplies, and inventory points within a work cell, machine tools and inspect, measures and reports results accordingly.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. AA degree, Vocational High School Technical training or Technical trade certificate is a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a technical manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with broadly defined parameters. Requires a high degree of judgment and initiative.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to read drawings and understand tolerances.
- Experience in computer software (Microsoft Office and data base entry).
- Must be self-motivated, showing initiative and drive to exceed performance expectations.
- Analytical problem solving and testing skills.
- Attention to detail required for quality output.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment and multitask.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow 5S, LEAN a plus.
- Able to speak and write fluently in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. s
- Capable of working with a variety of handheld tools.
- Strong work ethic and flexible to working hours and shift changes.
- Ability to stand and walk for 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work back end night shift.
Please forward your current resume or CV to
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.