Founded in 1960, Fitzemeyer & Tocci is a growing Massachusetts mechanical and electrical engineering firm. We specialize in designing innovative solutions for many of the leading institutions and businesses in New England. If you’re looking for an opportunity to align yourself with an established firm while working with state-of-the-art computer technology in a friendly, informal work atmosphere, then F&T is your place to shine!
We are currently seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join our team.
Purpose of Position: The Electrical Project Engineer works with the Principal and Project Managers to develop design concepts, which are incorporated in final product. The Electrical Project Engineer, in role of electrical project leader, may begin to handle some project management tasks but will primarily work on technical aspects.
Typical Duties: The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Provides schematic design informatin such as electrical room sizes ad requirements
- Prepares preliminary task list.
- Incorporates design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with project team to produce construction documents.
- Produces sketches and systems schematics for complicated design tasks, such as layout of electrical rooms.
- Coordinates ceiling and wall clearances with other design professionals.
- Prepares engineering calculations, size equipment and systems, and prepare schedules.
- Selects details, which will be used on projects.
- Documents existing conditions and perform some troubleshooting.
- Edits specification sections.
- Attends some construction meetings and produce onsite observation reports.
- Produces final punch list.
- Researches non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
- Prepares addendums and change orders.
- Prepares engineering opinion of probable cost for electrical systems and reviews contractor cost estimates.
- Provides value engineering.
- Performs initial reviews of drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
- Uses computer programs and spread sheets for engineering analysis and presentations.
- Edits word-processing documents and understand procedures for file saving, retrieving, and transferring.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area, which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 4-15 years of electrical design engineering experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- EIT required, PE a plus
- Experience with construction administration activities
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and must understand CAD operations in AutoCad and/or REVIT.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical system design.
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Keeps current on the “State of the Art” in their design specialty through review of periodicals and in continuing education.
This is a full time and bonus eligible position. We offer our employees a flexible work environment and opportunities for advancement. We have an exceptional benefits package including 95% paid family medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, company paid LTD, 401K match, and 100% tuition assistance reimbursement. We are conveniently located in Woburn right off of I-93 with plenty of free, covered parking, dining facilities and a free gym.
Visit us at www.f-t.com.
At Fitzemeyer & Tocci, our consulting services are based on Thoughtful Practical Engineering. Our services are organized to provide Architects, Owners and Construction Managers logical, clear and concise intelligence in a rapidly changing Building Facility environment. Today's fast paced construction industry needs engineering leadership that goes beyond technical excellence.
Our focused multi-discipline engineering teams tightly integrate with the entire project team and provide hands-on engineering representation from project inception through construction closeout. Our model of Principal-Led teams improves coordination, quality, consistency and timely decisions. We pride ourselves on delivering engineering solutions that meet the demands of the Facility while enhancing the construction process.
For over 50 years, Fitzemeyer & Tocci has been recognized throughout New England as leaders providing technical excellence, project leadership and creativity. Today, our dedicated Healthcare, Science & Technology and Academic Engineering Teams continue our tradition of advising institutional clients with integrated engineering solutions tailored to their needs.