Founded in 1960, Fitzemeyer & Tocci is a growing Massachusetts mechanical and electrical engineering firm. We specialize in designing innovative solutions for many of the leading institutions and businesses in New England. If you’re looking for an opportunity to align yourself with an established firm while working with state-of-the-art computer technology in a friendly, informal work atmosphere, then F&T is your place to shine!
We are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join our team.
The Design Engineer provides the work force which produces most of the firm’s work. No longer ranked as "in-training", a Design Engineer is assigned specific tasks on project teams and is expected to use his education, intelligence, and common sense to resolve the engineering problems and tasks he/she is assigned. More experienced staff is always available to help when the Design Engineer needs assistance.
TYPICAL DUTIES: The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Makes calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design, such as heating and cooling loads, lighting calculations, power distribution calculations and equipment sizing.
- Lays out portions of ductwork and piping systems or branch circuitry based on schematic layout by Project Engineer.
- Is encouraged to try to solve engineering problems using experience, judgment and education, but is expected to ask for assistance when needed.
- Works under the direction of the Project Engineer/Lead Project Engineer, and informs them of work load.
- Is expected to become proficient in the use of a computer for design and CAD/BIM applications.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Engineer.
- Researches panel and terminal equipment selection from catalogs
- Completes CAD/BIM mark ups
- Provides information to Project Engineer for incorporation into specifications.
- Conducts field surveys
- Provides punch list support
- Calculates space, equipment , and energy loads
- Designs branch circuiting and room layouts
- Participates in company-wide special projects (BIM, Standards)
- Organizes and maintains project files.
- Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Edits word-processing documents and understand procedures for file saving, retrieving, and transferring.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area, which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in a technical and administrative capacity; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years applicable experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required.
- FE and/or LEED certification preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of computer for design and must understand CAD/BIM operations.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices relating to appropriate discipline, including both design and construction.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and clients.
- Must be capable of working within a project team as defined in the F-T functional model.
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Keeps current on the “State of the Art” in their design specialty through review of periodicals and in continuing education.
This is a full time and overtime eligible position. We offer our employees a flexible work environment and opportunities for advancement. We have an exceptional benefits package including 95% paid family medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, company paid LTD, 401K match, and 100% tuition assistance reimbursement. We are conveniently located in Woburn right off of I-93 with plenty of free, covered parking, dining facilities and a free gym.
Visit us at www.f-t.com.
At Fitzemeyer & Tocci, our consulting services are based on Thoughtful Practical Engineering. Our services are organized to provide Architects, Owners and Construction Managers logical, clear and concise intelligence in a rapidly changing Building Facility environment. Today's fast paced construction industry needs engineering leadership that goes beyond technical excellence.
Our focused multi-discipline engineering teams tightly integrate with the entire project team and provide hands-on engineering representation from project inception through construction closeout. Our model of Principal-Led teams improves coordination, quality, consistency and timely decisions. We pride ourselves on delivering engineering solutions that meet the demands of the Facility while enhancing the construction process.
For over 50 years, Fitzemeyer & Tocci has been recognized throughout New England as leaders providing technical excellence, project leadership and creativity. Today, our dedicated Healthcare, Science & Technology and Academic Engineering Teams continue our tradition of advising institutional clients with integrated engineering solutions tailored to their needs.