ThePharmacy Technician - Data Entry is responsible for entry and processing ofmedication orders into the pharmacy operating system
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data entryinvolves the entry and processing of medication orders via the pharmacy’soperating system which includes:
- Hand-writtenPhysician Order Sheets and State Prescription Blanks
- Reorder requests
- Replenishmentand billing transactions for emergency boxes and automated dispensing machines
- Attention todetail
- Decision Making
There is no supervisory responsibilityfor this position
This position operatesin a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacyequipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rollingcarts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in thelong-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that should be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hoursper day
- The employee is occasionally required tosit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawlintermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours asneeded
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters whileperforming the essential functions of this role
Please note this jobdescription is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing ofactivities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee forthis job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time withor without notice.
The is no travel expected for thisposition
Education and Experience
Must be willing to becomeregistered Pharmacy Technician in the State of New Jersey within two weeks ofjoining .
Previous Data Entry experiencepreferred
Long Term Care experiencepreferred
Previous Retail Pharmacy andHospital Pharmacy experience accepted
Knowledge of Brand Name/Genericmedications and Sig codes
Moderate to advanced computerskills required
Candidate must possess basic mathskills
Framework/DocuTrack knowledge aplus
Behind every scriptthere is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is aseamless pharmacy experience. AtPharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision,persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents,patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing adiverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard togender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexualorientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, stateor local law.