1st Light Energy Inc. was founded in January of 2005 with the vision to provide alternative energy solutions that positively impact our environment and have solid financial returns for our customers. We have become one of the most experienced solar companies in the Nation.
For twelve years 1st Light Energy has been selling and installing solar, more than many of our competitors combined. Throughout the many innovations and changing expectations of the industry, we have adapted and thrived.
Each of our seven offices across the United States has given us a unique experience working with many different utilities and local governments. We eagerly prepare to enter new markets, bringing solar programs that are favorable to homeowners and business owners alike.
This is where you come in.
If you are looking to build a career in Solar, this is your chance.
We have several job opportunities, and highly encourage growth within the company.
The Junior Site Assessor is responsible for assisting in conducting site assessments for residential solar customers. The Junior Site Assessor assists in conducting home site visits in order to obtain and communicate the necessary technical data to the 1st Light Energy design team for the preparation of permit ready documents for the installation of solar photovoltaic systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for assisting in every stage of solar site assessment, with primary focus on information completeness and timeliness.
- Develop a positive relationship with customers to establish rapport and to gather facilities assessment data.
- Assist in conducting a solar site assessment, including:
- Structural: Access the underlying structure of the roof (attic, crawlspace, etc.) to assess and measure the existing environment.
- Electrical: Access the main and sub electrical panels in order to assess solar interconnection.
- Shading: Access the roof in order to measure site shading and roof dimensions.
- Upload solar site data to the design and interconnection/rebate team.
- Communicate with design team and Professional Engineer, as necessary, to explain site conditions and special circumstances.
- Communicate with interconnection/rebate specialist, as necessary, to alleviate interconnection or rebate related issues.
- Coordinate with residential solar installation team to pre-emptively address special site conditions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cheerful attitude and willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Intermediate knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office, Excel, and the ability to learn new software.
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organization and documentations skills.
- Ability to lift, operate, and climb up and down an extension ladder.
- Ability to use multiple electronic items, including tablet, PCs, handheld devices, and digital cameras.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Pay rate: $15/hr plus paid benefits (401k, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance after completion of introductory period).