Construction general contractor seeking an experienced and highly skilled full-time bookkeeper to join our team. Must be a self-starter, with attention to detail to work in a fast-paced construction and real estate environment. The position will be responsible for general bookkeeping practices, including data entry, payroll, A/R, A/P, and construction billing. Must be proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, with experience in construction accounting.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or in a related field
· Full working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
· Minimum 3-5 years of construction industry or real estate development experience.
· Experience with AIA billings and lien waivers.
. Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality standards.
· Processing of project related owner billings & change orders
· Entering daily bank transfers in accounting system
· Maintaining and reconciling bank accounts and credit card accounts
· Covering month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing
· Performing monthly balance sheet and P & L fluctuation analysis
· Handling consolidation, inter-company transactions, and reconciliations
· Performing balance sheet accounts reconciliations
· Oversee Accounts Payable and final job costing postings
· AIA billings
· Monitor Accounts Receivable balances
· Monitor subcontractor compliance (lien waivers, etc.)