This position is responsible for supporting the attainment of revenue goals by conducting inside sales activities for the hotel and providing clerical support to the sales function. This role will be based in Andover with additional support provided to our Salem property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform inside sales activities such as responding to telephone and in-person inquiries about hotel services, obtaining orders and booking sales business, giving property tours, and coordinating arrangements for group events with the front desk, reservations, meeting rooms, and food and beverage.
- Meet with sales clients before and during sales events to ensure guest satisfaction. Contact clients after function to measure guest satisfaction and respond to any guest complaints or issues.
- Provide clerical support to sales function by preparing weekly sales activity reports, maintaining sales files, trace files, and account history, preparing sales agreements and contracts, coordinating appointments and schedules of sales activities, sorting mail and typing correspondence.
- Conduct monthly breakfast surveys on guest satisfaction.
- Conduct sales activities such as outside sales calls to prospects to generate revenue from new accounts.
- Coordinate with and assist DOS in local activities in support of brand promotions and marketing campaigns.
- Obtain and post all deposits by the cut-off dates for groups and meeting rooms.
- Communicate and coordinate with all departments for meeting room services.
- Assist front desk with pre-registering groups, group check-in and group check-out as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One-year sales experience in the travel or hospitality industries.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn property management system.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and reassign and reassign priorities.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
LQ Management L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
- May be required to do light lifting or carrying.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- May be required to walk, stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a 10‑key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine and photo copier.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be available for varied schedules including nights and weekends.
- Requires good vision.
Location/Region: Andover, MA