EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Technical Support Representative- Intern
The Technical Support Intern is responsible for providing support to the Technical Support Team by assisting in various projects involving maintenance of customer records, analysis reporting, and performing non-customer facing support case maintenance.
• Performing basic support of non-customer facing support cases, performing analysis and documenting results, communicating internally using telephone, e-mail, and on-line methods.
• Act as liaison between customer and internal groups as necessary to ensure projects assigned are completed in a timely manner.
• Perform maintenance to customer records located in a CRM system.
• Assist in project work of a repetitive nature.
• Assist in Global Customer Support team work as required.
• Prioritize tasks in fast-paced environment
• Understand at a basic level the technical environment, products service, and systems used at EBSCO.
• Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical professionals.
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus. Develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
• Able to produce significant output with minimal waste.
• Adjusts quickly to shifting priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, while maintaining focus on priorities.
• 1 year of MS Excel
• 1 year of MS Outlook
• 1 year of MS Word
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and proven troubleshooting skills
• Able to perform basic analysis
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Technical Support, Intern, CRM, Technology, Entry Level, Customer Service Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Topsfield, MA (US)