The individual in this position will serve as the U.S. HCP Marketing lead for CINRYZE, a key product in the Shire HAE portfolio. This position is currently located in Lexington and will be moving to Cambridge MA in early 2018.
This individual will collaborate closely with the other HAE brand leads in a growing portfolio of brands (FIRAZYR/KALBITOR and investigational drugs). This individual will work closely with the other HCP leads on cross product promotions to ensure optimal portfolio positioning. In this capacity, the individual helps guide both individual brand efforts to ensure each brand is optimized and stays out of conflict with other brands.
The individual is also responsible for working closely with the patient services team to ensure our cross brand patient services are aligned to core brand strategies and help to improve the patient experience.
As the U.S. CINRYZE brand lead, this role will require core brand leadership including brand development, strategy, and execution of initiatives with a patient centered approach. This will require having an in depth understanding of the HAE patient journey, market research insights from HCPs, as well as the ability to develop and execute innovative programs that effectively position CINRYZE and the broader portfolio of HAE products. This position is critical in maintaining Shire’s leadership in the HAE space and continuing to grow our market leading HAE Portfolio in the U.S.
This individual will be responsible for developing, executing and maintaining all CINRYZE budgetary goals.
In addition, the U.S. CINRYZE lead will:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and programs that drive the continued success and growth of CINRYZE
- Lead annual strategic brand planning for CINRYZE
- Utilize analytics to understand impact on CINRYZE and optimize strategies, messages and programs
- Identify customer insights and unmet needs to drive innovative program development, both personal and non-personal, to drive new patient starts and maintain product compliance
- Responsible for the conceptualization, creation (both individually and through agency partners), market rollout and tracking of marketing initiatives
- Effectively manage outside consultants and agency partners
- Oversee promotional review with CMLR and inventory management
- Work across the marketing team to develop and implement HAE Portfolio Guidelines
- Maintain and evolve existing marketing initiatives to improve efficiency and optimize impact
- Responsible for accurate budget management of projects/initiatives and regular reevaluation of budget progress including monthly and quarterly projections
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in marketing; with rare disease experience for at least a portion of that time
- Bachelors degree required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present concepts and ideas in a clear, succinct and organized manner
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional teams including holding individuals accountable and ensuring the delivery of high quality and timely results
- Strong track record of development and execution of marketing materials and programs.
- Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams including legal/regulatory/medical promotional review teams, Training, US and Global HAE Marketing and cross-functional counter-parts
- Strong agency management
- Experience developing and applying HCP Positioning, Branding and Messaging
- Ability to understand and apply key insights to advance strategy and tactical programming
Location/Region: Lexington, MA