Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience. From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you’ll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization. Purpose Statement: Responsible for the achievement of the store’s budgeted sales goals by driving sales in the aquatics area through effectively assisting customers in the proper selection of aquatic life and merchandise in accordance with their specific needs. Accountable for ensuring that proper aquatic care and husbandry is being provided to our aquatic life in the store, and act as the primary resource regarding all aquatic life and aquatic supply education and care. This position will receive day to day direction and coaching from the Companion Animal Department Manager. Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring the presentation of the entire aquatic department meets or exceeds company standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate in-stock levels for both aquatic life and aquatic supplies
- Apply appropriate judgment to aquatic life health and conditions based on presentation and behavior and take appropriate corrective actions (e.g. medicate, water change, remove from sale, etc.)
- Place orders or special orders on all aquatic life or supplies (for home store only) in order to drive sales and meet customer’s needs.
- Partner with Store Leadership to write schedules for the aquatics department to ensure full coverage during the busiest periods as well as allowing for all care and maintenance to be completed.
- Assign all necessary aquatics tasks to associates within the aquatics area including most aquatics maintenance duties.
- Schedule and perform training with all aquatics associates to help educate them on aquatic life and supplies information and selling techniques.
- Manage all aquatic life orders. Manage the aquatics supply special order process.
- Partner with Store Leadership on all hiring, training and corrective actions for aquatics associates.
- The Senior Aquatics Sales Specialist should spend most of their time assisting customers, selling products, and training aquatics associates.
- Perform all special or other projects as assigned.
Qualifications Education: A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics and basic accounting relationships. Required to obtain PETCO Certification in one or more animal areas, depending on the store’s needs. Experience: Minimum of one year of experience working with and/or caring for aquatic life, both freshwater and saltwater required. Must possess extensive of knowledge of aquatic life care and a working knowledge of basic merchandising techniques. In addition to having a professional appearance and demeanor, successful incumbents must also demonstrate a keen and genuine interest in aquatic life and animals and their care. Interpersonal and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the nature of interaction with the public and other associates and management within the store.
Location/Region: Manchester, NH (US)