Job DescriptionJob Title
: Associate Corporate CounselLocation
: Waltham, MA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.Job Description Summary
The Associate Corporate Counsel for the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) will assist businesses in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts (including terms and conditions of product sales and services, collaboration, distribution, license, development, consulting, government, sourcing and OEM agreements). He/She will also assist with all compliance matters and provide advice, as well as training, on range of matters, including commercial contracts, government contracts, anticorruption laws, marketing and promotions, dispute resolution, products liability and commercial antitrust. He/She will also periodically assist with legal matters or special projects with other divisions/ corporate.Key Responsibilities:
Minimum Requirements/ Qualifications:
- Responsible for providing ongoing advice and support principally related to a wide variety of commercial contracts, including the drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts
- Provide leadership and legal advice on a range of legal and compliance matters, including government contracts, antitrust, marketing and promotions, global trade compliance and anti-corruption.
- Lead, anticipate, and drive solutions for a range of legal and business issues.
- Provide advice regarding customer and other commercial/business disputes.
- Review, develop, implement, communicate, enforce and monitor contract review compliance as well as other processes, policies and procedures.
- Conduct legal research, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor from accredited university
- 5+ years of direct experience with commercial contracts and business law background, including at least 3 years of relevant legal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Member in good standing with the Massachusetts Bar
- Experience managing global contract negotiations engaging directly with customers and suppliers
- Experience developing and implementing legal solutions
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex legislation and regulations and counsel clients about corresponding compliance responsibilities
- Ability to operate within a matrixed management environment
- Team player capable of leading and participating within cross-functional project teams to meet key milestones under tight timelines and stressful conditions
- Strong understanding of commercial and financial implications of strategy development process
- Strong project and process management capabilities
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation styles to interact with diverse audiences, including outside attorneys, senior management and business associates
- Strong work ethic with the initiative to work independently
- High level of integrity supported by sound judgement and ethics
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Waltham, MA (US)